High School Band
Congratulations on being selected to participate in the 2017-18 KMEA South
Central District Honor Bands. In competition with 600+ musicians from 50
different area schools, you should be very proud of your achievement.
It is a very important responsibility of yours to practice the music so that
your guest clinician will not have to teach the basics (notes and rhythms).
Please note that to try out for the KMEA All-State Band you must participate
and perform in the district level honor band. If a conflict does arise, please
make sure that your band director contacts the band chairman so that an
alternate may be called.
Please bring the following with you on December 2:
- Dress Clothes for the Concert
- A Pencil
- Money for your evening meal and any snacks you might want. SCKMEA will provide lunch for each participant.
- Your music
- Percussionists - PLEASE READ THE PERCUSSION ASSIGNMENT SHEET!
- The schedule of the day (linked on home page)
This year's clinicians will be:
- 1234A Band: Dr. Tremon Kizer, University of Central Florida - Orlando, FL
- 56A Band: Dr. Teresa Purcell, Oklahoma Baptist University - Shawnee, OK
Please look forward to a very exciting and educational day. See you soon
and once again, congratulations!
Shawn M. Knopp
Honor Band Chair
Kansas Music Educators Association - South Central District